system - and just in case - to calm a winter sore throat.
The trick to buying honey is to make sure that it hasn't been heated to a level to kill the healthful enzymes. Enzymes are little things that bees secrete that are alive and make honey beneficial.
The enzymes most identified in honey are invertase, diastase, glucose oxidase, catalase and acid phosphatase. J. W. White, JR. AND Landis W. Doner write that the “changes that enzymes bring about throughout nature are essential to life.” White and Doner also report that heat can deteriorate honey’s antibacterial properties to an even greater extent.
Worse even than factory over heating is using a microwave to liquefy honey. What a microwave does to your food is well documented let alone that the microwave will kill all the health benefits to honey and make it simple liquid sugar.
Benefits of Healing Honey®While you delight in its exquisite flavor on toast, in your tea, or straight from the jar, Healing Honey:
- Offers a delicious and healthy substitute for sugary sweets
- Maintains your body’s healthy immune response
- Supports healthy digestion
- Contains a number of free radical-busting antioxidants that support your health
- Boosts your energy and endurance naturally