The Miracle of Transdermal MagnesiumMagnesium supplementation may be the new panacea of our age. The deficiency is so widespread that at least three out of four adults in industrialized nations have cause to actively increase their intake — especially to avoid symptoms which can otherwise linger and compound over years to produce serious chronic illness.
Transdermal magnesium therapy is a powerful new tool that combines the healing power of the body’s largest organ — the skin — with the life sustaining properties of one of our most vital minerals. It stands poised to usher in a new era of health.
How Do I Know if I Need Magnesium Treatments?Magnesium deficiency is not easily diagnosed, which is why so many people operate with low-level chronic deficiencies unaware of the long term effects on their health, or the cause of symptoms such as eczema, allergies, headaches, anxiety and chronic pain — all of which may signify chronic magnesium depletion.
The most common laboratory test for assessing magnesium status is serum magnesium, which is known to inconsistently represent actual total-body or intracellular magnesium content (content inside the cells). In a study published by the American College of Nutrition, it was noted that as many as 50% of cases of magnesium deficiency are not recognized, due to statistical errors in the normal range set for serum magnesium testing.
Researchers suggested both changes in the way that serum magnesium tests are evaluated, as well as a more proactive stance by the medical community on providing magnesium therapy for patients whose symptoms or diagnoses stood to benefit. These included:
- Low stomach acid, common in older adults
- Low magnesium diets, processed foods and sodas
- Soft water sources
- Active calcium supplementation
- Certain prescription and over the counter medications
- Stress, surgery, and chronic disorders such as diabetes
- Diarrhea and vomiting for any reason
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Crohn’s disease, celiac sprue, and any disorder of the digestive or intestinal function
- Kidney disorders
- Genetic magnesium absorption disorders
What Do I Need to Know Before I Begin Taking Magnesium Transdermally?There are almost no precautions to observe with regard to transdermal magnesium therapy. For most people without kidney disorders, the skin automatically regulates safe intake, so dosage issues are simply a matter of personal choice.
- Is an easy and convenient, “do it yourself” method of magnesium supplementation
- Avoids problems of gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhea, through bypassing the digestive system entirely
- Passes directly into the tissues via the skin, where it is quickly transported to cells throughout the body
Types of Transdermal MagnesiumTo begin therapy, you simply need to make an initial choice between forms of transdermal magnesium:
What Do I Get Ancient Minerals Magnesium supplements at a discount?
Natural Healing Tools is offering a discount on all Ancient Minerals Magnesium products through the end of 2015! Take 11% off at checkout with Ancient15.